I met Randy in the park. He was riding his bike and as he passed me we had a friendly "Hello" nod and then he was gone. A short while later he saw me again. This time he was simply standing under a Ramada. He called out to me "You sure do get around!" and that opened the door to a very brief but friendly conversation in which I just asked if I could take his photo. He said "Sure! What's if for?". I just said it was an assignment where I had to take a photo of someone I didn't know.
After the shot, he asked to see it (Everyone is so used to seeing their pics on the backs of camera's these days!).
While we were looking at it I offered to send him a copy. He declined, but I don't think it was because he didn't like it. I just think he's OK with not having a copy. We shook hands and off he rode.
One shot was all I got. It was all I needed.
Thank you Randy!

LE: Just Natural Light and the Fill Flash of my Canon 40D.
No other modifiers of any kind
Sigma 24-70 Lens
1/100 f/5.0 ISO 100
Just a leeetle Photoshop work on the levels and the edges of the image for a "framing" effect.